All Season Cotton Covered Silk Doona
Availability: In stock
Crafted of 100% silk, our fluffy and lightweight silk-floss-filled doonas, serve to protect you from the hot and cold, as well as all kind of invaders to your bed from bacteria to mites to mold. The updated design with grid pattern which covers the whole doona prevents the silk filling moving around inside the cotton shell. Plus, it’s washable! Which saves a lot of time and energy for daily care.
1. Outer Fabric Shell: 100% Premium Cotton.
2. Inner Filling: 100% pure and natural long strand silk floss.
3. Cover Colors Available: White.
4. Temperature Regulation: Silk is the natural hypoallergenic temperature regulator. Our summer can regulate temperature wondrously, whether it’s hot or cold outside.
5. Luxury: Breathable and soft with bright sheen.
1. Anti-allergenic: Our silk doona is chemical free healthy products. It can prevent allergy-suffers effectively.
2. Anti- aging: Silk doona is Breathable and soft; It could Retains moisture and Minimize wrinkles. Sleeping on natural silk will help provide an effective anti-aging skin care treatment.
3. No Shifting: The stitching structure of the doona shell, especially the quilted design, and 4 loops at the corners will not easily move around or clump up.
4. Water Washable: The doona can be hand washable and machine washable so that you can clean it in time, especially in hot weather.
- Buy a matching silk doona cover for better sleeping experience. ( Silk Duvet Cover)
How to wash your washable silk doona?
- Machine washable on most gentle cycle
- No bleaches. Use neutral or soft detergent for silk.
- Hang dry if possible, however avoid direct sunlight exposure.
- Keep out of touch of pets/sharp objects.
Sizes & Weights
||Size (inch)||Silk Floss Weight (kg)|
Delivery & Returns
Free Shipping On Orders Over AU$45
45-Day Free Returns
- Five Stars
- A great buy!
- Loving it.
- Five Stars
What are the difference of summer and all-season weight doonas?
Firstly, the difference between the summer doona and all season one lies in weight and thickness. Summer doona is lighter and thinner than all season one, suitable for summer days. All season doona is more suitable for fall and winter.
How to choose suitable doonas? Summer weight or all season one?
Temperature is the key factor. Here is a general guideline. For a bedroom at 68F/20C, a queen size doona weighing approximately 0.9-1kg/2lb should best suit your needs. With every 3C/6F degree decrease, add 0.3-0.5kg/0.6-0.9lb to the weight of the doona. So if you are expecting to sleep in a bedroom with a temperature of 14C/57F in the fall/winter season, the doona should weigh approximately 1.5-2kg/3-4lb. Of course, this is just a rough estimate and only used as a reference.
How to fixate a doona to doona cover?
There is one loop on each corner of our doona and one tie at each corner on the inside of the doona cover so that you can fixate the doona to doona cover right. Here is a video showing how to fixate doonas to doona cover.
Does my doona/doona needs washing and how to keep it fresh?
Silk naturally repels dust, dirt, dust mites, moths, mildew and odours so many silk experts recommend not cleaning silk doona at all. Do not hand wash or machine wash the doona as this will flatten the silk loft and reduce its natural benefits. Just to air them regularly each season to keep them fresh in indirect sunlight for a few hours
Does putting a doona cover over a doona make the doona warmer?
Yes, but not that significantly. The purpose of doona covers is two-fold: to protect the doona from dust and other possible sources of pollution, as doonas are usually difficult, if not impossible, to wash, and to provide an aesthetically pleasing layer over the plain doonas to match with the rest of the bedroom decor. In the end, however, you should not rely on doona covers for warmth.
Do I have to use covers with Lilysilk silk doonas/doonas?
Getting a good comforter cover can protect Getting a good doona cover can protect your silk doona/doonas from becoming dirty and damaged, as silk doona covers can be machine-washed. A good doona cover also matches with the rest of the room decor and to enjoy the full benefits of the doona, as doona covers made from other materials will partly undermine the breathability, the lightweight and hypoallergenic nature of the silk doona.