At Lilysilk, we are proud of what we did, and more proud of what we are going to do. Better
quality, lower prices, faster shipment, more prompt response time, more simplified order process,
greater selection, more freedom to customize - any improvements you can think of, we have a plan for.
countries & regions
January 2010 -[Founding]
The idea of Lilysilk was conceived by Lily Lin in January 2010, 6 months after she returned from France to China. Having worked in the silk industry in France for over a decade, Lily felt that it was unfair how the retailers were taking the bulk of the profit while customers had to pay an extra sum and silk workers lived in relative poverty. The idea of a direct online outlet that connects Chinese silk masters and Western silk enthusiasts was put into action after a few months of discussion. Lily convinced her husband Mike and some friends to join her venture, and became the first CEO of the company, and the rest is history.
- Initially Lilysilk offered only 6 colors. Now at the beginning of 2016, our color selection consists of an impressive total of 20 colors.
-In 2011, only Full, Queen and King sizes were available. Now, we offer over 30 different sizings across 6 countries, as well as full customization services for most of our products.
- Sleepwear was introduced in 2012 and selection almost doubled in one year and tripled in two, undergoing 3 major revamps from 2012 to 2014 that allowed for more accurate sizing and better material selection (19momme -> 22momme).
- A variety of product lines have been added. These include, but are not limited to: decorative bedding, baby cots, beauty accessories, etc.
- Now, Lilysilk is introducing high quality silk undergarments into its selection. Our product line is larger than ever.
Lilysilk has never relented in the steps of pursusing quality.
- Bedding production is headed by a team of 5 master silksmiths, each with a minimum of 15 years of experience in the field of silk sheet production.
- Sleepwear production is overseen by 3 master tailors with 10 or more years of experience working with silk. Customizations are done by these masters by hand.
- A team of 20 QAs inspect our products at every step of production process to make sure our silk is of the highest quality.
- By the end of 2014, we have successfully obtained Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification on the most popular items we sell.
Lilysilk has maintained the firm stance on providing first-rate user-friendly and prompt service.
- In 2011, the only method of contact was through email. Now, we offer phone service, online chat and email reply within 24 hours for customers with inquiries.
- We have developed an automated mail system that keeps customers updated on their order status from the moment they place the order to the moment they receive the order.
- We have upgraded our delivery service to provide extremely fast shipping globally, at zero cost so you feel like you are purchasing from your own country.
- We have upgraded our portal site numerous times in order to provide our customers with a more detailed, convenient and clear way to search for the right item and place the order.
- Lilysilk offers a 45-day guarantee to make sure our customer can shop risk-free. This policy applies to almost all Lilysilk's products
Influence & Publicity
You will find us on famous beauty magazine Essence, New You, Hollywoodreporter and Elle. A majority of their editors are obsessive to our silk products because they do help in reducing facial wrinkles and hair splits!
Discover your sleeping beauty with Essence Magzine
Actress Jane Birkin’s mother once told her daughter, “When you’ve got nothing left, all you can do is get into silk underwear and start reading Proust.”You will find out why she is addicted to silk after using silk products such as silk pillowcases, silk pajamas and silk bedding sheets. Recommended by Essence Magzine, lilysilk’s 100% natural mulberry silk products will become your best sleeping beauty with comfort & luxury.
Say goodbye to your cotton or polyester pajamas and treat yourself with our pure silk pajamas! We selected the finest 22mm mulberry silk fabric that is wonderfully soft and smooth. We have the best craftsman in the country to provide you premium silk products and service.
Fall in love with silk by NewYou Magzine
Lilysilk’s silk pillowcases are made of 100% mulberry silk. Silk is naturally hypoallergenic, wonderfully soft and breathable. Sleeping on pillowcases can prevent facial wrinkles, reduce messy morning hair and promotes sound sleep.
You will simply fall in love with silk pillowcases if you try them. Beauties at New You prove this after using our 100% mulberry silk pillowcases, which are completely chemical free, anti-aging and anti-wrinkles. Join us to become beautiful and share your experience with other lilysilk users.
2. On TV
Fox 13 News
Lilysilk is on TV now. The commercial is broadcast at Fox 13 News in New York. You will see our high-quality ads at Wendy Williams Show! Plus, you can see us at NTV日本電視台日本テレビ regarding our silk sleep cap review. We are grateful to every person who loves and supports Lilysilk all the time and we will continue to make every effort to make you have a wonderful shopping experience online. As the word goes: “There is a person behind each post/tweets online” We are always here to help you live a better life, to enjoy the health benefits that silk brings you.
We have schedules to donate for the less fortunate children in China’s rural area, such as the program of “Free Lunch for Children” and “China Song Ching Ling Foundation- "Loving Dictionary" Donation Project”. For every purchase made, Lilysilk will donate $1 USD into fund pool. Lilysilk will donate the money to the professional charity organizations that dedicate to resolving youth welfare. If you have any ideas or suggestions regarding our charity program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Any advice/suggestion is welcome.
We are proud to say that we are making great progress in achieving our goal to connect customers with silk workers directly. Our factories are hiring over 200 local silk workers and most workers have received over 60% income increase in the past 4 years. In the meanwhile, our products are consistently 10%-20% less expensive than silk stores based in the US or Europe without sacrificing product quality - you can find testimonials of our product quality on third-party review sites such as trustpilot.
In the end, for our dear customers, our goal is clear: BETTER SILK, BETTER LIFE